“Slavery in Washington”
Seattle Events are open to the general public. You do not have to be a member to attend.
MENU: $15 inclusive – No Charge for Students with ID (Reservations Required). Breakfast with Muffins, Chilled Fruit Juice, and Freshly Brewed Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee and Tea.
Reservations required by Tuesday, February 17. Contact Pauline Barrett email@example.com
Or pay by PayPal below:
From: The north/south.
From: The east.
From: Hwy 99 heading North.
Best Western is again offering us free parking in the garage under the hotel. Members who park in the Best Western garage or lot can sign the book at the front desk and give their name and license plate number.
The entrance to the garage is off the alley; if the garage fence-type door is closed, follow the instructions on the control box on the left, pushing the # key to reach the receptionist (it may be a wait if desk is busy).
There may be a limited # of parking spaces available in the garage. If the garage is full and you park on the street, be sure to buy a “ticket” from a nearby pay station to place on the inside of your curbside front window.
Parking close by: There is parking available on the curbside. Parking that WAS free on Taylor, Thomas, John, and Sixth Ave. N. now has pay stations. Sixth Ave. N. and Thomas have a 10 hour max, others are 2 hour max. Lots nearby on Taylor and on 6th Ave charge $5 to $10/day.
We encourage everyone to carpool!
Upcoming Programs – Save the Dates!
2014-2015 Seattle Branch Programs
- February 21, 2015 – “Slavery in Washington” with Eva Abram, Storyteller.
- March 21, 2015 – “Crooked Trails” with Christine Torrison Mackay Co-founder and Executive Director of Crooked Trails
- April 22, 2015 – Scholar Recognition with Renee Agatsuma, AAUW-Seattle Branch member
- May 16, 2015 – Annual Meeting and “Trip to Madagascar” with Tonna Kutner, Seattle-AAUW Branch Member
Past Programs Seattle Branch 2010-2015
- January 17, 2015 – “The Health of Seattle…What’s Coming in 2015″ with Hyeok Kim Deputy Mayor, City of Seattle
- December 20, 2014- Holiday Program at The Seattle Yacht Club
- November 15, 2014 - “Fisher women of Iceland: Gender, Quotas, Crashes, and the International Fisheries ‘Crisis’” with Margret Willson, AAUW Award recipient at UW
- October 14, 2014 – Megan McCloskey of Lotus Circle will speak about women’s rights in Viet Nam
- September 20, 2014 – “GambiaHelp” with Shelby Tarutis
- July 12, 2014 – Annual Garden Party at Chase Gardens in Orting with Highline Branch to benefit the Mary Lou Hughes R & P Grant
- May 17, 2014 – “Garden Color…It’s Not Just About the Flowers” with Victoria Gilleland, Garden Designer at Cottage Garden Designs & Annual Meeting
- April 9, 2014 – Scholar Recognition Reception, speaker Deborah Jensen, CEO Woodland Park Zoo
- March 15, 2014 – Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) at Seattle University
- February 15, 2014 – David Ward of Legal Voice to speak about PayEquity
- January 18, 2014 – Nicole Brodeur, Seattle Times Columnist, “Who is Practicing the AAUW Mission in Our Community?”
- December 21, 2013 – Holiday Get-together with “Sensible Shoes” and MLH R&P Grant fundraiser
- November 16, 2013 – Tech Trek
- October 19, 2013 – Update from UW Women’s Center and Johnna White on ” A First Hand Look at the Women of Tunisia” & update on UW Women’s Center Program’s at University of Washington
- September 21, 2013 – Colleen Carrigan, AAUW Recipient of the Eleanor Hadley R&P Grant and MLH R&P Grant fundraiser
- July 13, 2013 – Highline & Seattle AAUW Summer Garden Tour at Soos Creek Botanical Garden and Hertitage Center
- May 18, 2013 – Annual Meeting & Women Finding their Voices: How the United Nations Facilitates Gender Equality and Empowerment for Women with Kathy Adler
- April 10, 2013 – Scholar’s Recognition with Karen Troianello
- March 16, 2013 – Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) volunteering at Seattle University
- February 16, 2013 – A Visit to the new MOHAI at South Lake Union
- January 28, 2013 AAUW-WA Lobby Day
- January 19, 2013 – “A Community Where All Women Have the Opportunity to Live, Lead and Thrive” with Liz Vivian from Women’s Funding Alliance
- December 15, 2012 – Sweet Adelines Pacific Sound Chorus, Appletini’s Quarter at the Seattle Yacht Club
- November 17, 2012 – “Elles” Docent Lecture & Exhibit Tour at the Seattle Art Museum
- October 24, 2012 – Networking Reception
- October 13, 2012 - Welcoming AAUW-Seattle to the Women’s Center at the University of Washington Women’s Center
- September 22, 2012 – Key November Election Issues – A Forum
- July 2012 – Garden Party at Lakewold Gardens
- May 2012 - Ethnic Minority Girls and the Science Lunchroom with Jessica Thompson, PhD
- April 2012 – Seattle Branch Scholars Recognition with Dr. Lovejoy Conquest
- March 2012 – EYH (Expaning Your Horizons) volunteering
- February 2012 – Speak Out! Addressing Sexual Harrassment in the School and on the Street with Holly Kearl
- January 2012 – A Front Row Seat to Advocating with Tracy Sherman
- December 2011 – Holiday Brunch with Performance by Senisble Shoes
- November 2011- The Male Essence: How Natural Ability is Perceived in Different fields of Study by Sarah Grover
- October 2011- Legislative Session 2012: A Preview with AAUW-WA Lobbyist Pam Crone
- September 2011 – Winning the West for Women: The Life of Suffragist Emma Smith DeVoe with Dr. Jennifer Ross-Nazzal
- July 2011 – Tour of Chinese Garden at South Seattle Community College benefiting AAUW Funds
- May 2011 – Aviation High School, the Big Vision, with Reba Gilman
- April 2011 – Evening Dessert Reception for Scholars Recognition Honorees and their parents with speaker Heather Dohan
- March 2011–Joint Meeting with Highline Branch at the Burien Community Center with Maha Jahshan, MA, speaker from OneAmerica, on immigration issues for families, women and girls
- March 2011–volunteered at the Expanding Your Horizons conference for middle school girls at Seattle University
- February 2011 – Reel Grrls with Malory Graham
- January 2011 – Theresa Diekhans’ One-Woman Show on Mother Jones
- December 2010 – Holiday brunch at the home of Susan Moen in Kenmore – with silent auction benefiting our Scholars Recognition Program, entertainment by Cornish students soprano Jamie Foster and piano major Rebekah Wagner, and collection of items for Mary’s Place Women’s Shelter.
- November 2010 – GambiaHELP Project 2010 with Shelby Tarutis
- October 2010 – Debunking Stereotypes: Explaining Women’s Under representation in Computer Science with Sapna Cheryan, Ph.D.
- September 2010 – Women’s Votes, Women’s Voices at MOHAI Women’s Suffrage exhibit with Shanna Stevenson
for more than ten years, and then stepped away from full-time clients.